VMP Genetics and Dr. Fran Kendall, pioneers in rare genetics and telemedicine, are pleased to announce that Dr. Mark Korson has joined VMP as the Director of Physician Support and Educational Services divisions. Expanding these two divisions extends our reach beyond current direct patient care and remote second opinion services into medical consultation to hospital systems worldwide and allows for the development of educational platforms ranging from live medical conferences to rare disease eLearning modules. As the Physician Support and Educational Services divisions expand, VMP Genetics will seek to add physicians as consultants to create a roster of unparalleled talent and expertise in rare diseases. Throughout their decades of dedicated careers, Drs. Kendall & Korson have consistently blazed new trails in genetic medicine creating innovative ways to improve the quality of life and care for children and adults affected with rare diseases. By utilizing the latest technology, this unprecedented and powerful collaboration of world leaders in the field of Inborn Errors of Metabolism under the VMP umbrella will extend decades of expertise in highly specialized medicine to health professionals in far reaching corners of the world. To learn more, please contact Dr Korson at vmpgenetics.com.
- UMDF joins NORD statement Statement in Opposition to the Senate’s Proposed Weakening of the Orphan Drug Tax Credit
- Stealth BioTherapeutics Initiates Phase 3 Study of Elamipretide in Patients with Primary Mitochondrial Myopathy
- New clinical care guidelines issued for patients with mitochondrial disease.
- KH176 under development for rare mitochondrial disease: a first in man randomized controlled clinical trial in healthy male volunteers.
- Mitochondria are moving into the mainstream scientific limelight, thanks in large part to Douglas Wallace, PhD, the “world’s biggest mitochondriac” who is galvanizing research on the Penn and CHOP campuses into the role of cellular energy in disease.”