As varied as in children, it can be more complicated to reach a diagnosis in an adult because adults have acquired other diseases through the years. Many experts refer to mitochondrial disease as the ‘Great Masquerader’ because it wears the mask of many different illnesses.
Webcasts for the Adult Patient Community
The following webcasts were requested by our adult patient community and provide helpful information for adults AND caregivers.
• Pain Management for Adults with Mitochondrial Disease, Steven Lobel, MD and Amy Goldstein, MD
• Sleep and the Mitochondrial Disease Patient, Bruce Cohen, MD
• Mitochondrial Disorders of Non-Genetic Origin, Kendall Wallace, PhD
See more Mito U videos here.
Workplace and Disability
- Know your rights – check out the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- What should you know before you apply for Social Security Disability Benefits?
- If you are preparing to file for Social Security Disability Benefits, the following are excellent checklists to use before applying in person or online.
- Apply online for Social Security Disability Benefits.
- You can also access the United States Social Security Administration directly by clicking here.
- Check out Navigating Social Security video on Mito U.